Instances serve as the operational units that execute your service’s code. When your service is deployed, its code is compiled, packaged into a container image, and then executed within an instance.
Instances can have several statuses during their life cycle:
- Allocating - The instance is being allocated.
- Running - The instance is running and ready to serve requests.
- Terminated - The instance has been terminated.
- Crashed - The instance has crashed.
- Unknown - The instance is in an unknown state.